Join our team! To view more details regarding a particular job, including a position description, responsibilities and application instructions, click the job title.
View All Americorps General Openings
Current job listings are shown below. As we continue to grow, please check back frequently for new openings.
Summer AmeriCorps PositionAmericorps
Deadline: May 31, 2013 Read More...
Get your hands dirty this summer through direct service as a Neighborhood Revitalization AmeriCorps at Greater Des Moines Habitat for Humanity. GDM Habitat has one opening for a quarter-term AmeriCorps member. In return for completing 10-12 weeks (450 hours minimum) of full-time service, members receive a modest living allowance and may qualify for an education award.
Interested candidates: Please review the attached position description, complete or update a member profile at AmeriCorps.gov and email a copy to Brendalyn Shird at email@example.com. Calls about this position are being accepted at 515-471-8686 x 112.Show Less...
Warranty ManagerGeneral Openings
Deadline: June 21, 2013 Contact: Kevin Jansma Read More...
Position Title: Warranty Manager (Half Time)
Department: Construction FLSA Status:
Supervisor Title: Director of Project Management Exempt
Date: 4/24/2013 Non-Exempt
General Position Summary:
This part time position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of Greater Des Moines Habitat for Humanity's warranty process.
- Educate partner families on best practices on maintaining their home through our blueprint to homeownership courses and through one on one education.
- Maintain and update the Homeowners Manual.
- Conduct walk-thru with partner families before closing- generating a final punch list with families.
- Conduct post-purchase walk-thru with families 60 days after closing.
- Conduct pre warranty close-out walk-thru with families (approx.1 year out)
- Continuously update and maintain warranty database. Ensure all warranty claims and work is documented and followed up.
- Serve as the main contact for all warranty related claims and questions that come into Habitat. Self perform small warranty repairs when practical.
- Oversight and responsible for timely warranty response to resolve issues efficiently and to the satisfaction of the homebuyer.
- Create and conduct post purchase classes for homeowners that address common issues homeowners face/ need education on.
- Responsible for creating high levels of customer service with homebuyer families.
- Additional duties as assigned. May include participation in events, facility maintenance; Rock the Block projects, house construction, addressing neighborhood concerns. Etc.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in construction or maintenance.
- Have a demonstrated knowledge of construction practices and customer service.
- Convey clear, concise information to others, using verbal and other appropriate communication techniques.
- Complete formal training plan and assignments as required.
- Demonstrates the ability to use commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field.
- Treat others in a nondiscriminatory, lawful and ethical manner, respecting differences among people, and the value they bring to Habitat and the community.
- Follow safe practices in all work activities to avoid injury and accidents.
- Must meet or exceed the ability to demonstrate the 5 core job competencies listed below:
Demonstrate commitment to Greater Des Moines Habitat for Humanity’s Mission and Core Values of:
- Faith and Integrity
- Compassionate and Motivated Workforce
Normal Work Environment (Check best description):
Office Outdoors Retail
Continuous (67-100% of workday)
X Frequent (34-66% of workday)
X Occasional (1-33% of workday)
Continuously = 67-100% of workday
Frequently = 34-66% of workday
Occasional = 1-33% of Workday
(Indicate C, F, or O in front of each below)
0 Sitting C Standing
F Bending F Twisting
0 Stooping F Reaching above Shoulder
F Kneeling F Reaching below Shoulder
0 Crawling F Working at Low Position
C Climbing Stairs F Pushing/Pulling
F Climbing Ladders F Working on Elevated Surfaces
0 Driving C Walking
C Working on uneven surfaces
Weight Lifting/Carrying: Dexterity:
F Sedentary (0-10 lbs.) C Eye/Hand Coordination
F Light (11-25 lbs.) F Feet (foot pedals)
C Medium (26-50 lbs.) F Fingering (picking, pinching, etc.)
C Heavy (51-74 lbs.) C Handling (holding, grasping, etc.)
F Very Heavy (75-100 lbs.) C Wrist Motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
Hearing: Yes No
If yes, explain the reason hearing is necessary:
Hearing is necessary to perform the job as the ability to communicate verbally is essential to training and coordination with internal and external customers.
Visual Acuity Distance: (Example - clarity of vision at 20 inches or less):
Example: Clarity of vision at 24 inches or less necessary to view construction documents.
- Computer and Accessories
- General Office Supplies
- Understanding of hand tool usage
- Understanding of power tool usage
How to Apply
Please mail/deliver by 4:00 pm May 15:
2.) Affirmative Action Form (PDF Attachment)
4.) Work Related References
5.) Cover Letter - stating why you would be an excellent candidate to work with Habitat for Humanity
to Greater Des Moines Habitat for Humanity
C/O Kevin Jansma
2200 E. Euclid Ave, Des Moines 50317